Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Lake Griffy Excursion

Today Heather was nice enough to do a trail run & hike with me (Angela). Yes, it's quite unbelievable--I opted for a RUN instead of a RIDE. And that means only one thing....anything is possible.

After reading one of Tony Dungy's books, a co-worker gave me a synopsis. The important take-aways are Attitude, Approach, and Response. Keep these three attributes in check and we can all achieve our hopes and dreams. Well, I've decided to move running from the "loathe and despise" category to "good cross-training." Surprisingly, I enjoyed my run today and am excited about future excursions.

Heather and I were accompanied by Isi, Zoi, and Max--our four-legged friends and family. Sorry, no pics of this trek. We met at Lake Griffy. Below is a commentary from a local website.

"Griffy Lake is a 1,200 acre nature preserve located just minutes from downtown Bloomington. Originally designed as a supply for city water, Griffy is now a paradise for the avid outdoorperson. The lake itself is 109 acres and has an average depth of 10 ft. You can hike and fish, rent a canoe or rowboat, sunbathe or picnic. Only non-motorized boats are allowed. Swimming and use of off-road vehicles and bicycles are strickly prohibited [boo, hiss]."

With an average depth of 10 feet, we could easily see the deceased deer in the shallow water. Isi even made a half-hearted attempt to sniff it out.

Nevertheless, a success in my book. Thanks, Heather!

No comments: